Photo by Angel Tagudin
I read the BEST blog post today. Not best, like Pulitzer Prize winning. Best like...rearrange your molecules...make you think...consider life from different angle (always my favorite kind of thing).
I especially enjoyed it for two reasons:
1) It was written by my friend/super health cheerleader...aka brave new blogger, Saima.
2) It made me ask myself a powerful question: What comes easy to me? Something I haven't considered in nearly a year..none the less spent any energy focusing on.
Lately, thinking about what's hard for me is easy. It's easy to worry about my future. Easy to focus on the negative. Easy to get swept up in despair, jealousy, pain, and bitterness. Easy to feel really, really awful for extended periods of time.
But, there are other things, too. Things that get less attention. And, if I take a minute (really breathe them in), it's easy to remember.
1) Losing myself in a great piece of music (I can surf YouTube for hours)
2) Making people feel loved and appreciated
3) Finding/encouraging potential
4) Public speaking
6) Loving animals/strangers
8) Making up poems and songs
12) Seeing both sides of the story
14) Standing up for what I believe in
15) Being excited/enthusiastic/inspired/inspiring (about possums, causes, good service, kindness, office supplies, you name it)
These things, I'm really good at. It's actually nice to think about them....you know, focus on what makes me special, rather than what makes me feel rotten. Thanks, Saima!
What's easy for you? Pass it on.
Altered Today: Appreciation for me.